Graduate Student Government Association is dedicated to inspiring and empowering graduate students to be successful in academics, research, and life.
- Made an agreement with President Peterson and the Board of Regents to transition the Special Institutional Fee into tuition over the next 5 years.
- Worked with the Georgia Tech Budget Office to clarify and treat the Student Activity Fee three separate fees for the Student Center, the Campus Recreation Center, and Student Organizations.
- Coordinated the Grad Picnic in Fall in which over 2,000 graduate students were provided free food, t-shirts, and a relaxing afternoon.
- Coordinated the 3-Minute Thesis competition which provided over $5,000 to graduate students who presented their theses in under 3 minutes.
- Worked with Georgia Tech Transportation to improve services.
- Coordinated Jorge Cham’s visit to Georgia Tech to present “The PhD Movie 2.”
- Completely redesigned the Grad SGA website: sga.gatech.edu/g
- Appointed the first Graduate Chief Justice since 2012 to provide feedback to the Institute regarding its judicial process
- Assisted in the candidate search and selection process for the new Director of the Center for Community Health and Wellbeing, Suzy Harrington